Thursday, June 2, 2011

Es como una carrera en el Parque de Retiro

I have now experienced the legendary tapas in Spain. Beware: for any interested travelers... if you order a drink, you may be handed two plates full of a mountain of bread, cheese (possibly fried), potato wedge/chips, and pork variety. (And how do I not gain weight?) Needless to say, Kara and I ran in Retiro today. After the locals made us look crazy for asking where an apparently non-existent street was to find a running buddy, we found it, and our buddy! No, I am not crazy contrary to many people's beliefs eh? ;) We have also started classes. Yes, we are taking classes. But be jealous, my food and culture class entails walking around the streets of Madrid learning its history from our profesora and wandering into markets, cafes, pastelerias, or bars to try the food and drinks courtesy of our school! However, we must understand more than 50% of what our teachers are saying in order to understand our class. This is somewhat difficult when our teachers are talking at Guinness World Record speed. But it is a challenge I am committed to! Here is a picture in Retiro in La Rosaleda...

No comments:

Post a Comment